Our dentist, Dr. Jonathan Thomas, wants you to have the top-notch oral health and smile you deserve, which is why he strongly encourages you to properly recover after oral surgery. Fortunately, there are many things you can do to take good care of your smile and let it heal after your treatment.
- Rest for one to three days after the treatment. This is very important because resting can help you properly and effectively recover. Your dentist will recommend the proper recovery time after your appointment.
- Avoid brushing your teeth until directed by your dentist. If you want to clean your mouth, gently rinse it with water or a water and salt solution.
- Ice your jaw regularly as directed by the dentist. This can help reduce pain and swelling.
- Avoid eating hard or hot foods. These foods can cause pain and complications.
- Drink plenty of liquids. It’s very important to stay nourished and hydrated while you’re recovering.
- Take your pain medications or antibiotics as directed. Make sure to take them on time and to finish any antibiotic prescriptions.
Call Jonathan Thomas, DDS today at 808-879-1944 if you have any questions or if you would like to know more. Our dental team is here to help you in any it we can, and will be happy to tell you all about how to recover after oral surgery in Kihei, Hawaii. We look forward to hearing from and helping you!