Are you concerned about the color of your teeth? Do you ever feel nervous about people noticing your discolored teeth? If so, then try to think what could be causing the stains on your teeth. There are many foods and drinks that people consume each day without knowing they are slowly creating stains and damage to their teeth.
That is why our dentist, Dr. Jonathan Thomas, is happy to talk to you about your teeth and oral health. Furthermore, our team in Kihei, Hawaii, is happy to help give you a general idea of a few items people eat regularly that could be causing your teeth to stain.
Here are some foods that can stain your teeth each day:
- Red and white wine: Most people understand red wine’s dark colors can stain your teeth. However, the high acidities in both color wines can cause deep staining. White wine is more elevated in acidity ranking, which can cause more discoloration and damage to your teeth than red wine.
- Curry: A popular spice or seasoning called curry is known to cling to your teeth and cause a yellowish hue that stains your teeth.
- Coffee and tea: Coffee is known to stain your teeth because of the potency of the beans used. However, teas can also stain your teeth. White tea can also produce yellowing effects causing your teeth to stain and discolor.
- Sodas and sports drinks: Sports drinks are incredibly high in acidic ranking and includes dyes that can darken and damage your teeth. Sugar-free sports drinks can cause your teeth to become discolored and stained because of the high acids and dyes used to make them.
- Sodas: Sodas are high in sugar which is known to damage your teeth. However, the color dyes used to create them mixed with their acid ranking causes natural harm to the health and color of your teeth.
If you would like more information on how to correct the stains on your teeth, or if you would like to come in for a treatment, please call us today at 808-879-1944 to talk to a member of our team. We are always happy to help you in any way we can.