How often do you think about your oral health and what you can do to improve it? Your oral health care is essential to helping your smile thrive for many years to come. As it is often linked to other areas of your body, you want to keep your teeth and gums safe to keep your body safe. The more you do to limit risks in your life and use effective cleaning routines, the better off your smile can be. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Understand your complete dental history, so you’re aware of the risks and susceptibilities in your oral health and take the necessary precautions.
- Wear safety gear and appliances such as mouth guards or face masks to prevent oral accidents and injuries whenever applicable.
- To help remove stains and discolorations, consider the use of teeth whitening products.
- Visit our office every six months for a biannual professional cleaning to help remove plaque and debris that may have collected in your mouth.
- Improve your oral hygiene care by monitoring your brushing and flossing routines.
- Consider the use of mouthwash after eating as a nonabrasive method to clean out your mouth.
- Avoid unhealthy products or products that can damage your teeth and gums, including mouth jewelry.
- Stay away from tobacco and drugs.
- Avoid substances in your diet that can easily damage your teeth and gums, including hard candies or any products that can linger in your mouth long after consumption.
- Stay away from starches and sugars that can be converted into acids in your mouth.
Have you thought about what you can do to enhance your oral health care protect your smile in the years to come? To upgrade your smile with better oral health care treatments, you are welcome to schedule a visit with our dentist in Kihei, Hawaii. If you would like Dr. Jonathan Thomas and our team to bring you in for an oral exam or professional cleaning, please call Jonathan Thomas, DDS at 808-879-1944.